View Single Post
10-05-10, 09:45 AM   #276
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I have a question that might be unique to Holy Priests that have the new Chakra talent *and* Revelations.

What Revelations does is that while you are under one of the 3 Chakra effects (Heal, Renew, or PoH), the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell actually becomes a different spell depending on the state (HW: Asipire, HW: Serenity, HW: Sanctuary).

When I use the normal Blizzard bars, the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell changes to whichever spell it becomes. However, in Macaroon, the spell does not change, and as a result, I cannot cast the modified Holy Word spell. If I click the "Holy Word: Chastise" button, it says the target is invalid which makes sense.

I am not aware of any other spells that have this ability where they actually (temporarily) become another spell.

I tried fixing this using a Macro, but it appears that using "/cast Holy Word: xxx" is not working for any of those spells for some reason (this would be a Blizzard bug).

Is it possible to set up a state based on whether or not I have the Chakra buff? If I can do that, I can possibly make different bars based on my Chakra to cast the 3 variations of the Holy Word.
This is something I will have to investigate. This sounds similar to the new Moonkin Eclipse mechanic of Moonfire changing into Sunfire. The question I have for you is does a Blizzard macro on a Blizzard button with the same macro commands as your button in Macaroon behave as expected? This issue could be the macro parser on Blizzard's end, which is the case of the Moonkin issue.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]