View Single Post
10-24-08, 07:23 PM   #131
Jaehend
A Murloc Raider
What is Copyright Protection?

First off, check this out http://whatiscopyright.org/ , should answer the basic laymans description about copyrights, end of story. As such, Mazzle has the right to tell everyone to bugger off and actually sue anyone that has made a reproduction of his work if he so chose to. The point being though, I have seen him post recently (along with others) that it isn't about the money and that he is supportive of a responsible, intelligent and capable person continuing on his work. I have seen many posts "bashing" him for not updating a UI for a game he no longer plays, key words "no longer plays". If you no longer eat pizza are you going to buy pizza from Dominos and keep them in business? I think not. So, as a previous poster said (though it has probably already occured) why not simply ask Mazzle, in PM, the details needed to update the core part of MazzleUI. If it isn't about the money and all he is after is not seeing his work plagerized and/or murdered I'm sure he would be apt to such a proposal. The only part of this setup that is his is the core MazzleUI, not any of the other addons (ie:Bongos, Omen...). He had to get the appropriate authority, in a respectful manner, to use those things in his compilation so why shouldn't the rest of us fall under the same set of standards. Anyways, I appreciate all you have built Mazzle, hope that a settlement can be reached with new developers, and all the "copyright" "screw Mazzle" "greedy" people can STFU. Thank you