View Single Post
10-24-08, 09:30 PM   #134
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One can be inspired by another persons work and be okay as far as copyrights are concerned. If the basic idea of a search engine couldn't be copied because it represented the original we wouldnt have google/yahoo/msn/live/lycos and the endless slew of other things that exists today.

You can not however copy paste, make it look different and call it your own. All I did was change the paint but I built it!!

With that said you are going to be better off making your own rather than learning how someone else did it. It'd be easier to manage, easier to update, and you get the gratification of knowing YOU made it, not someone else.

I feel the main reason many people who helped fix MazzleUI havent come back is because it is a larger task than many want to take on. Those that do, realize later how much code there is to read through just to learn how it works before you can effectivly fix it and become discouraged, or they were not all that familiar with the WoW API or even LUA code to begin with.

Using it is different, and for those that became dependant on this compilation, I apologize. But if you can't use anything else, give a shot at fixing it for yourself.