View Single Post
06-04-11, 01:21 AM   #28
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I ended up doing an upgrade couple weeks ago to my monster test bench-- it found it's way back to a permanent case along with an additional watercooling setup strictly dedicated to my dual GTX 580 SC SLI video cards. I'm in heaven over here and ready for Battlefield 3, woot!

I also built it up for a flight simulator experience with Saitek Flight Pro equipment. I'm in school to get my private pilots license and IFR license so I can practice things in Flight Simulator X. It was really awesome to hear my instructor tell me to practice with that software, he recommends it to all his students.

Gallery link: http://gallery.me.com/stormwalker#10...lack&view=grid

I've pretty much exceeded the $6000 mark on this damn rig. The new Dell U3011 30 inch monitor with IPS showed up the other day. I'm still waiting on my Intel 990X and 24GB of Corsair Vengeance memory.

The whole rig uses bits power fittings with Black Ice 3x120 radiators and MCP655 pumps. CPU is ran with an HK 3.0 waterblock, chipset an EK full board X58 block, and GPU's with EK 580GTX+ waterblocks. One whole cooling setup runs the CPU and chipset with the other one handling my GPU's.

CPU idle 35c, load 41c
GPU idle 28c, load 40c

My office use to be a sweat box with my GPU's on air, now it's nothing. The case in itself has 19 fans total with 6 fans per radiator doing push/pull.

I seriously can't express how much I love this rig. It took me 3 years to build it up bit by bit until I reached my end result.

I have artwork being done for the sides and hope to get that in the next week or so. I hired an illustrator to do me a really awesome dark, death, destruction, evil, anarchy type theme since my rig is named LiquidKhaos. The whole thing glows red from the fans, it's really awesome looking at night!

Just for those who are curious-- WOW runs at 2560x1600 max settings; 145 fps and drops to 80fps in 25 man raids with zero lag. With the fiber-based network at my house the 28Mbps internet line gives me an awesome 30ms lag to the WOW servers.
Damn.... your a insane dude. ^^ im so jelly =(