View Single Post
07-05-11, 11:48 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
/cast [@mouseover]SPELLNAME

the end

Now you can cast the spells on all your frames, not just raid frames Heck even on name plates or characters in the game world

PS. I do like your write up
Having used both methods extensively, I can say that each has its ups and downs.

Macros give flexibility. As stated you can use them nearly anywhere that responds to the mouseover conditional. The downside is you are placing the mouse over something then pressing a key. This can limit mobility if you do not do extensive rebinding of your keys .

The click casting method is somewhat the opposite. The mouse is already there so you can use its own buttons. Leaving your other hand free for movement/anything you might need not related to clicking. However as stated it is one more addon to keep up to date.

In the end it is preference. Personal play style is as always a factor.

One comment however on the overall write up. Overall the memory usage for an addon is not that critical. Unless someone is using bare bones amounts of ram (maxing it out) it won't make much difference. Mostly load times are effected. CPU cycles are far more important in overall performance.

Nice little review overall.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor