View Single Post
12-05-07, 07:04 PM   #21
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elaana
I really like the Blood Elf and Draenei themes! As far as inspiration goes for other skins, could you possibly throw one together for each race? Just along the same concept as the other two, racial symbol on one side, picture of said race on the other, with unique color schemes and borders? I happen to play a blood elf, orc, and tauren and would simply love to have a racial skin for each one.

[Edit] I'd try to throw a few together myself but the file extension are completely foreign to me. The Photoshop/Gimp work isn't the problem, it's the file extensions, and the fact that Photoshop is currently not speaking with Vista. Okay..Photoshop is also a problem. lol.
Understand the Vista issue, I gave up on Vista and went back to XP, much happier now On the extensions, I'm assuming your talking about the BLP files. BLP2PNG works fantastic. Drop the blp on it and it converts it over to a PNG. PS/GIMP works great with PNG's, keeps the transperency layer without worrying about the Alpha channels and such. Just get everything the way you want and save as PNG. Drop the PNG on BLP2PNG and it converts it back to BLP, no hassles at all

If you can get Vista to play nice you should give one a shot , but in the meantime, I still have the PSD's for those 2 I did, soooo it shouldn't be to difficult to make a few more based on that layout. Let me see what I can do.