View Single Post
12-14-17, 12:35 PM   #3
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ammako View Post
I've noticed this over a year ago and figured it was my fault. If it's really just a Blizzard bug then that's interesting.
I have never been able to reproduce it on demand, so testing for this is a bit difficult. It doesn't help that it doean't happen so frequently, but erratically.

This happens even without any addon touching the nameplates whatsoever? Or what about without any addons at all, actually?
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, this happens without ANY AddOns at all or CVars messing with my nameplates. Like, I tested in a fresh WoW client within a recently formatted PC: nameplates still bugging. Seems, in fact, it's a Blizzard bug.

Glad I'm not the only one. Let's hope they address this Soon™

That code it's from, NameplateNames, that AddOn, although outdated and obsolete, will still force the game to show the names of the NPCs I'm in combat with (on top of it's nameplates) without forcing me to use the in-game option to see every single name of every hostile around me, just those I'm hitting. And showing the name of the NPCs will stop the glitch. (Since nameplates alone, w/o names on top, it's what seems to trigger it).

It's a workaround at least. Not sure if there's a way to do it better. I don't really know much of LUA or coding.

Last edited by Wolryr : 12-14-17 at 12:45 PM.