View Single Post
07-22-14, 04:28 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Back at home now, so I ran it again.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The first time during AddOn detection it will take a little time to match everything up. If you re-launch Minion after that it will only take a few seconds.
Total start-up time is comparable to the Curse Client now. However, it still spent a few seconds scanning for ESO related items. Ideally, once it determines that I don't have ESO installed, or once I've told it not to manage addons for ESO, it should spend zero time scanning for ESO addons.

Also, it's now showing that no addons have available updates. While technically this is correct, shouldn't it still be considering all the addons it flagged as being out of date last time to still be out of date, since I didn't update or ignore them?

(On a side note, the "Update All" button should be disabled if there aren't any updates available. I didn't actually click it because I didn't want to find out whether it would try to reinstall all of my addons or something, but it responds to mouseover and appears to be clickable.)

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Is the Addon list under the "Find more" tab laggy as well? If not that would maybe point to something in the update cell UI causing the lag.
Nope. The "Find More" list scrolling is consistent, and much more responsive, though it's still noticably slower than scrolling the same list in the Curse Client.

Scrolling in the list of installed addons is still laggy. If I sit there and click through one notch on the mouse wheel at a time, or click the arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar, in nice measured intervals, it responds immediately, but while rolling the mouse wheel or dragging the scroll bar, there's a very noticable lag between the input and the visible scrolling action, and that lag is very variable, which is the most annoying part.

Another thing I noticed while scrolling -- in either list -- is that the mouseover highlight lags a bit behind the scrolling. The list scrolls by 3 items at a time, so if you move the mouse over the 4th visible item, the 4th row is highlighted, but if you then scroll by one mousewheel tick, the 4th row is still highlighted (because the mouse is still over it) but the 1st row is also highlighted for a fraction of a second, since it was previously the 4th row. This produces a noticable flashing effect during continous scrolling.

More detailed system specs for reference:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
- AMD FX-6100 (6 cores @ 3.3 GHz)
- 16 GB RAM (but 8 GB is occupied with a RAM disk, so basically 8 GB RAM for the system)
- GeForce GTX 750 Ti (yes, drivers are up to date, I just got it last week :P)

Let me know if there are any logs I can send you to help pinpoint why the installed addon list is so laggy.

Edit:
Also, the inability to resize the window is driving me nuts for some reason. I'd really love to be able to see more listed items at once!

Last edited by Phanx : 07-22-14 at 04:32 AM.