View Single Post
06-13-05, 02:54 AM   #81
cyatis
A Murloc Raider

Thanks again

I downloaded version .97 and took a look.

Overall it looks very good. I liked your adds to the mod.

First, I noticed the alt character box. So, I tried it. I assume it isn't finished as it dechecks itself.

It also gave me the [] thing. I don't consider that a big deal, though I'm sure you'd like it gone eventually. Open the window twice and no worries.

I tried it on all the tradeskills with the items I currently had. Usually it worked fine though it had a few issues. (Last section of post.)

Lastly, I got out my hunter and looked at the teach pet skills window. It was empty, however my pet knew all of the skills I could teach it. So, I went to stable my pet, and get one that I could teach something to. Well in my stable was a level 11 cat, that I had completely forgotten about several months ago. He knew nothing and the list was completely there for him to be taught which isn't likely at all. I can't remember if the window ever showed what the pet already knew as its been to long. However for purposes of teaching a pet something new it seemed to work fine.
-------------
Some things I noticed. - Maybe a clue to the same thing.

1. The mod doesn't always seem to update correctly. If you move items from the bank window to the inventory or vise versa with the tradeskill window open you can foul the numbers it displays with various results.
2. The mod sometimes failed to detect items in the bank which typically results in 0's for items that are supposed to be in the bank. This happened with blacksmithing, alchemy, and enchanting. I assume its not related to which tradeskill it is.

Going to the bank usually fixes the missing bank items problem. I don't know why it does that. I can log in right after going to the bank and it remembers. Though it has forgotten again, so it doesn't appear to be a one time deal.

Of course it would be nice to know when it forgot. It's hard to know if data is lost, not being acquired though it is there, rewritten upon doing something else, or related to some other game event without knowing when to look. Neither of the above issues break the mod long term.

I left this post just fyi. I'd like to have been more specific (the mod does this when you do that), unfortunately I have to make a living and simply ran out of time.
---

Once again -

Thanks for coding this,
Cyatis