View Single Post
02-08-07, 10:36 AM   #9
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Troubleshooting

Every now and then I hear a weird sound that sounds sorta like a star trek communicator. Does\nthat mean William Shatner will soon appear to\nsing me the greatest songs of his youth?
Yes, it does. *shudder*

In case he doesn't show up, it could be something else. An add-on named BugSack makes a similar sound whenever an error occurs. To see the error, you can mouse over the BugSack entry in the far left of your FuBar.

I want to bind something to the mousewheel, but the bindings interface ignores me. How do I get my mousewheel off the UI's ignore list?
Unfortunately, the myBindings2 has your mousewheel on permanent ignore. Until the author releases a version that can handle mousewheel bindings, you'll need to temporarily disable myBindings2 to rebind your mousewheel. You can disable the add-on by hitting 'Esc' and then pushing the 'Add-Ons' button. Uncheck myBindings2 and click 'Reload UI'

My MT windows aren't showing. How do I get them to show before I get kicked out of the raid.

Try right-clicking on the oRA menu in your FuBar and selecting 'Request Status'.

My click-casting isn't working. Look! Clickity-click-click. Woe is me. What do I do?
Oh my god, quit clicking on me!

Anyway, Click-casting is controlled via a powerful add-on called Clique. If nothing is happening when you click on unit frames, you're either using the wrong type of clicks or Clique is not configured properly. To examine your click-casting settings, simply open Clique. You can do this via the Blizzard spell book. Either open it by hitting 'P' or by left-clicking the MazzleUI logo to show the main menu bar and then clicking the spellbook icon. Once open, there is a tab at the bottom of the window (below your various spell schools) that will allow you to examine Clique's settings.

If you find that there are no settings in that window, you can try re-mazzifying Clique. You can pull up the Mazzifier via the MazzleUI Fubar entry.

You can also just create settings of your own. To do so, select the Clique tab first. A second window should then open right next to your spellbook. Then find one of the spells you want to assign a click to. Finally, perform a click on the spell. For example, if you want to assign Alt-right-click to Greater Heal, find the Greater Heal spell in your spell book and then alt-right-click on it. You should see the spell added to the Clique window.

Note: There is an option under the 'Unit Frames' section of MazzleOptions where you toggle whether you can click-cast on the 3-d models. This is, by default, off in the 1.6 aspect ratio and on for 1.25 and 1.33.

I run on a Mac and WoW has been crashing on me. I thought Macss crash less than Windows. Has MazzleUI transported me to an alternate universe where everything is opposite?
Many Mac users have reported having problems with ClearFont2. You may want to try disabling that add-on. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest visiting Blizzard's technical support forum.

Umm...And I'd really like an iPhone please. I think that would make an excellent donation.

My UI is laggy as hell? Waaah! Help me!
While one of the main goals of MazzleUI is efficiency, a few people do have unexpected performance problems. I say unexpected because there are also a lot of users who run the UI on pretty low-end systems just fine. Unfortunately, there's no easy, general solution to this problem. Different systems seem to have problems with so many different things.

Here are a few things I can suggest, in no particular order:

1) Lower your video settings. Perhaps try a lower resolution. Uncheck things in the Blizzard video and interface options that you don't need.

2) If you're only having problems in places with large numbers of people, try lowering your texture settings in particular or adding more memory to your computer. WoW is extrememly memory hungry when there are lots of people around you. It needs to cache a lot stuff to be able to display the variety of characters, armour, etc around you. This has little to do with your mods, but can be affected by some of the setting that MazzleUI sets, most notably the UI scale.

3) Open MazzleOptions, go through the various categories and disable add-ons you don't use often. Similarly, you can try installing one of the smaller base packages in the Mazzifier, which will quickly disable a larger set of add-ons. You can also try answering no to the questions about add-ons that the Mazzifier labels as optional, things like the timer bars and the various damage meters. Try to think of what the add-on does before you disable it. If it has to process lots of combat information on the fly, it's probably expensive.

4) Play with the efficiency mode settings. There's a lot of power there to automatically modulate which add-ons and features are turned on at certain times. Try to find a balance between the usability you like and the performance you need. Remember that a lot of those settings will not affect your base frame rate and will only help in computationally demanding situations like combat. So don't be discouraged if you don't see immediate jumps in frame rate.

5) Make sure to routinely clear your damage meter. Those add-ons can quickly build up huge amounts of data. This data can not only increase your load times, but also slow your computer down. If the damage meter uses up all of your allocated UI memory, WoW wills start garbage collecting like crazy to try to get free space up. Such frequent garbage collection is expensive and can make your game stutter.

6) Play with the settings of different add-ons. Many of them have options that can be changed to decrease what they do or how much information they collect.

7) Finally and most importantly, make sure to read the FAQ entry on efficiency modes. It will explain to you how to tell MazzleUI what you consider high and low graphics settings. If you don't, MazzleUI efficiency modes will choose high settings with almost everything on. If you're on a slower machine, you may find that your graphics settings are being set to be higher than what your computer can handle.

EEP! I Changed my Video/Interface settings and my chat boxes and/or minimap have disappeared! I can't get them back!! What have you done with them?!? The British are coming! The British are coming!
Unfortunately, this is simply a known Blizzard bug. Opening some of the settings windows sometimes causes detached chat windows to disappear. Similarly, most changes in video settings will cause the minimap's background to turn black. But don't panic! There are two simple ways to get them back:

1. Type '/rl'. This command will reload the entire UI. In a few moments, your chat windows and/or minimap will be back.

2. If only your detached chat windows, i.e. the combat logs, have disappeared, there's a button in MazzleOptions that will immediately bring them back. You can find it under the category 'MazzleUI Special Settings'.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:47 AM.