View Single Post
09-14-11, 02:17 PM   #11
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
As for which plugin would best suit your needs, I have no idea, as I've never had any need for or interest in any such plugins. If you can't find one that does what you need, you could always just switch between the profiles manually or with a macro.
As I said, I have looked at the plug-ins listing at wowace, as well as all of the resources in the "User Guide". As I also said, none of them change between profiles and only one, that I could determine, came even close to providing what I was trying to do (use the same volume of screen-estate regardless of raid size....10-man=large units, 40-man=small units). Most have to do with customizing the arrangement of units into varying categories. nibAutoGridLayout is the only thing that comes close.

I honestly don't know the restrictions of the code, but I was suprised to not find an LDB plug-in which would allow quick switching between profiles, which I would assume is possible if you are suggesting that profile switching can be done with a macro.

I indeed tried to find the code necessary to do just that: use a macro to switch profiles. Unfortunately, the info about it wasn't in the User Guide, nor did I find any functions in the API that provide for profile switching, nor does the in-game command line for Grid provide any asisstance for it (at least not that I could coax out of it). Where can I find, other than by digging through the code in the add-on itself, a comprehensive listing of command-line instructions?

Does anyone have a good macro for rotating through add-on (or Grid specifically) profiles? Or for selecting a profile based on conditions (i.e. raid size or zone)? Or know of an add-on/plug-in that will automatically (or even quickly manually) select a Grid profile?