View Single Post
03-24-24, 05:53 PM   #5
Xully
A Cyclonian
Thanks a ton for this, I will refer this post to the author of grid2 since he would probably understand whats up more than me. And see if he could implement this or not.

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yeah, sounds like the, not with you , scenario. But that should be covered by the phasing code if the grid2 developer used the code that was in blizzard's code.

I do notice on the grid2 frames a single dot on each one. What does that represent ?

Aha. Found the phasing code in grid2 .. Windows search subfolders apparently didn't work rofl.

This block of blizzard code appears to include 2 events that grid2 isn't checking for in their phasing code module.
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-sour...Frame.lua#L393
Lua Code:
  1. elseif ( event == "UNIT_PHASE" or event == "PARTY_MEMBER_ENABLE" or event == "PARTY_MEMBER_DISABLE" or event == "UNIT_FLAGS") then
  2.         if ( event ~= "UNIT_PHASE" or arg1 == unit ) then
  3.             PartyMemberFrame_UpdateNotPresentIcon(self);
  4.         end
  5.     elseif ( event == "UNIT_OTHER_PARTY_CHANGED" and arg1 == unit ) then
  6.         PartyMemberFrame_UpdateNotPresentIcon(self);

PARTY_MEMBER_DISABLE fires when the other person is dead or offline. So, maybe they were dead when that showed up on them for you.
PARTY_MEMBER_ENABLE may kick in when they come back alive, but wkigg shows it triggers to show whether still online online

You can check if these are the factors that make a difference by adding the events to the StatusPhased file in the OnEnable function, both events return the unitID like the other events do.