View Single Post
04-21-07, 10:19 AM   #8
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by GRIMNAR
I use a ton of these MODs also...but the new Patch detroyed me again...lol I can't whisper, inspect, leave party, mini map was lost for a while...it went crazy

We need many updates or a way to bypass the date checker.
It's been about eight months, so I hope you found out how to load your old AddOns with the new version: When selecting a character, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner, then check "Load out-of-date AddOns." This method is preferable to modifying the .toc file, which makes it difficult to see which versions are the latest ones.

If that's the only thing that's necessary to make your old AddOns work with the new game patch, great! Now, there are some AddOns that break when a new version of the client is released. All that we authors can do is grumble and go back to the drawing board. You guys can help by telling us what happens, or doesn't happen, and include as much information as possible: What the error message was, what you did just before the error occurred, and whether you can replicate the error by doing what you did to get it in the first place.