View Single Post
10-06-09, 12:58 PM   #1
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rotation Helper Addons

This comes about due to me having helped a couple dozen people understand rotations/priority systems with Prot pally, Ret pally, Frost DW DPS DK, Blood DPS DK, Warlock Destro, Warlock Affliction and more. Very frustrating to have to answer over and over questions that could be easily solved by pointing them to an addon, helping them once to set up the rotations/priority system in a logical, intuitive manner, then only having to fix it later if they change specs.

I've seen quite a few rotation assist mods (FaceMauler, Serious Help In Timing, clcret) and one that looks like it attempts to make an overall rotation assist mod (SpellPriority).

What I am interested in is something similar to those, yet adaptable to other classes without requiring intense knowledge of LUA/Developer Addons. (I'm looking at you SpellPriority)

I'm not a stupid individual, but the amount of non-user friendly work to even begin making a "tacticfile" for SpellPriority completely ruined any enthusiasm I had for it.

So... Here's my idea/hope that perhaps someone with time and LUA skills could create:
  • Name suggestion - "What Do I Do Next?"
    -----------------------
  • Simple Dropdown Boxes with currently known (or presumed known) spells/abilities based on class.
  • Priority Based on order of choosing in dropdown boxes.
  • Tick box for changing from Priority to Rotation method.
  • A text field for time to wait for Rotation reset with optional ticks to reset based on target change or target loss.
  • Conditional based (user input conditions) suggestion boxes.
    Conditions including
    Bloodlust/Heroism (obvious, really)
    presence of specific named buffs, (thinking frost dk Freezing Fog + Rime = Howling Blast)
    presence of debuffs on mobs, (thinking Icehowl's stun here as a ret pally to blow wings)
    during certain spellcasts. (thinking XT-002 Tympanic Tantrum here as holy/ret pally here to use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice)
  • Display area being a simple draggable box onscreen showing current suggestion in center, next suggestion on the right smaller, conditionals on left smaller.
---------------------------