Thread: Mac problems
View Single Post
08-22-11, 06:10 AM   #17
Hulikner
A Murloc Raider
Ive been so pleased over the past week. I have had no lag since i reset the router. None at all. And I'm used to lagging the entire time Thanks for your help guys.

And right when I was about to order the Alienware I see your post. Let me give a little background and maybe that would get a few more opinions from people

1st off, yes, game wise WoW will probably be the only game I run on the computer. I know just as much about Windows as I do Mac so that won't be a problem. I am in my final year in college and my major is computer science, wanting to be a software engineer. So matter of fact all I'm on while I'm in school usually is windows. Ive just always used my macbook when I get home and doing work at home.

So with this knowledge, between programming and running just WoW, would the Alienware still be overkill and the Macbook pro do just as fine?

I feel like computers are so advanced now days that even though some computers are way better than others in areas, people will never use the better computer to the full potential just because they are not doing stuff that require the high end specs. I like mac, its more portable and professional looking to me, if both computers did what I want them to do exactly the same, Id go with the Mac. But if there will be a difference, I don't care at all about holding on to this Macbook and having the Alienware as my home computer.

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you very much again.

Hulikner