View Single Post
08-13-10, 03:09 AM   #1071
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
That scenerio was many many years ago .. I got the call once to but they actually told me my usage and where I neeed to be ...

Back then their cap was flexible, as you said, it was based on what you areas average usage was ...

That has all since changed as they now have a set limit.

Also runnning any kind of server is against the Comcast rules last time I heard. But that could have changed too for all I know. It was at one time against your contract to have a home network at one time too. If they found you had a home network they charged you more money a month.

Give it time and the 250 will be raised. It will have to be. With faster speeds as well as more and more HD online content sucking up bandwith either through the Comcast website or alternate sources (like Hulu) more and more people are using higher amounts of bandwith. There are so many things people are streaming now that the 250 limit will not be nearly enough.

I'm honestly surprised that there even is a limit. They claim that such a small percentage of people ever even come close to the limit .. why have it. One less thing you have to pay someone to look at when the little "someone went over the 250 limit" light blinks.
My question is - Who downloads more than 250GB? lol