View Single Post
02-04-10, 12:52 PM   #19
Amenity
Very nice, Kupo! As I told ya in my email, I dig it.

Oh, and thought I'd interject a little something in here: a blue post.

ZOMG WTF BBQ LOL, someone actually PROVIDING SOEM DATAZ???!?!

Yes...because instead of blind fear-mongering like the rest of you, I decided to read.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=1&sid=1#17

If you're lazy (which you are, obviously):

Once and for all, Herokorishi, modifying or otherwise editing in-game models (save for those related to one's user interface) is strictly prohibited by the Terms of Use (Section 2.C.), and may result in repercussions up to and including the termination of the account in question.
(Thank you Kamdis for bringing this to public attention)

Besides, did any of you stop to think for just one second that maybe there's a reason this works? Blizzard is fully capable of blocking this type of action (as they've done on numerous occasions with actual "model edits"). We're able to change all kinds of other stuff in the user interface by simply adding files (anyone seen AI-Art?) and nobody has ever asked questions about it. We even change in-game sounds by inserting our own audio files into the Data directory tree with no worries. In fact, I don't see how this doesn't apply to the existing addon common practice of "if Blizzard allows it to happen and it's not altering the game client, it's perfectly legal". I'd stake my account on it...with two geared 80s and a third 80 on its' way, and my sentimental vanilla WoW T2-geared PvP-title-holding Druid.

But no...I come along with a simple, safe, and effective way to change mouse cursors that is in no way violating the ToS (try reading the damn thing) and get jumped on.

I guess that's the privilege the "UI community elite" get around here. I haven't written any life-changing 100k+ download addons and aren't buddy-buddy with the site administration here so it's perfectly acceptable for all sorts of blind misinformed accusations to be tossed my way with no repercussions whatsoever. I mean, you're the ones bringing in the site traffic and the advertisement dollars so they have to cater to your whim.

Don't worry...you won't have to put up with my "annoyances" much longer.