View Single Post
05-10-16, 07:04 PM   #177
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Interesting how the perception of beta has changed and thus made Blizzard re-think when they should switch to beta.

Yes, it is. I'm thinking it's how they're going to handle things in the future, as well. An internal "Alpha", a long, possibly non-NDA, invite "Alpha", then a larger-wave "Beta" when things are more polished.
If that's the case, people will have to let go of the phrase, "it's only Beta, guys!"

Originally Posted by Miiru View Post
Well the UI changes would cease to be beta but not the content The timeframe for the pre-patch was 1 month before release right? That does not leave much time for recoding addons and in many cases leveling a toon (if there's no premade 110's) to test stuff which is only possible at maxlevel
Pre-patch is generally 2 weeks to 1 month before the release. It could be slightly longer, depending on the feature, class, spec, UI, and API changes they wish to introduce in said pre-patch. This time, the pre-Patch will likely include the Demon Hunter class for those who've preordered a digital copy, so there's potentially more to get used to in the pre-patch.

Originally Posted by Gello View Post
From their legion dev update, it looks like they're targeting for the switch from alpha to beta at 2pm PT on Thursday with a big invite wave just prior.
I fell asleep right before the dev update and had to go back and watch it, but my assumption is that this wave would likely be the same wave to which Cairenn is referring here?:
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
The word I've received is that they are currently planning on a blitz invite of you guys when it actually goes to beta.