View Single Post
12-20-14, 11:24 PM   #34
Beachcomber1
A Murloc Raider
Posting this here as the author would more likely be able to see it.

Yes, Carbonite absolutely needs to be more modular. That mass of compressed code. And all of these features that people maybe didn't use. I remember vividly saying to myself, "Hmm, when Blizzard changes the coding required for addons, it's going to be near-impossible to get this addon updated and working". And here we are.

I used Carbonite exclusively for the pvp map. I turned everything else off that I possibly could. I remember it taking an hour or more to do so. When I tried to recommend the addon to others in the pvp community, they uninstalled it because they couldn't disable all of the kruft. If I could just download the pvp map module, I would. And I know many others would too.

Therefore Rythal, going forward I would like to recommend that you make this addon as modular as possible. Regardless of if the pvp maps ever get working again, it's just good practice to break this addon in pieces so that 1) it can be updated more easily, perhaps with separate coding contributors assigned to sections and 2) people can just install the component of Carbonite that they actually need and use.

Thank you for considering, and for your continued work on this addon.