View Single Post
10-16-08, 03:35 PM   #67
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Okay, here's what I would pay 50 bucks for.

1) Mazzleui without needing an actionbar in order to Mazzify. (I don't care if it mazzifies or not).

2) Mazzleui that doesn't rely on strings in order to set up.

3) Mazzleui that you can just put your own add ons into as a "skin package".

4) The hotspots need to work (even if it's only the context menu).

How much work would these 4 points of interest entail? More importantly, how much less work would be needed in order to update Mazzle on major patch days if only these 4 points are nailed down? Most of the people who have used Mazzleui for 2-3+ years already know how to set up raid frames, place actionbars where they like them, and enable/disable add ons they really use (need).

I know I said I was done donating to this (in a drunken stupor), but this is something I would pay for.
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for but if it's what it sounds like then: It's actually not that hard at all. I've since moved away from Mazzle (writing my own core code, unit frames, and implementations of quite a number of mods so I could go from patch to patch and know things worked the way I wanted them to) but before I did, I was used to the "patch day, now we're broken" kinda thing so I whipped up something to tide me over.

Using eePanels, you can make the backplate, hotspots, even target buttons and charm buttons. The context menu, to be fair, is part of the action bar mod however, you can use eePanels to make that work as well (it's just a matter of knowing that functions to call)

OTOH, if Mazzle gave leave for it to be created, the MazzleUI code can easily be stripped down into what I think you're asking for: the backplate and hotspot functionality, and you pick your own mods to use and implement, i.e., NO mazzifier, no external mods, no unit frames, etc.

Last edited by VincentSDSH : 10-16-08 at 03:39 PM.