View Single Post
10-20-08, 04:11 PM   #74
Triseult
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Regarding ArkiveUI:

The widescreen version is now functional for 3.0.2, and it shows that Arkive put a lot of effort into getting it up and running. I installed it clean this morning, and everything is working perfectly.

I've used MazzleUI for a year... Loved the compilation, and I appreciate the support that Mazzle fans are providing, but EVERY patch I'd be pulling my hair trying to fix every broken core component of MazzleUI. I *can* do it, and I'm not afraid of opening up a LUA and fixing code, but it just got to be so... time-consuming.

Arkive is maintaining his add-on pack without taking a cent for it, and this is not about taking Mazzle users away from MazzleUI... MazzleUI's strength is its weakness: namely, that it requires custom code to really configure everything seamlessly. With Mazzlefizz gone from the scene, I found necessary to fall back to a solution that requires minimal core code modifications.

This is not a knock on MazzleUI and its community. Rather, it's a request to tone down the aggressivity against ArkiveUI. Arkive is, like everyone else here, a volunteer putting time and effort into providing a good add-on package for WoW. He's not competition, and if people are moving to ArkiveUI as a viable alternative, that's their choice, not a question of brand disloyalty.