View Single Post
07-26-14, 02:27 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
That must be a very old AddOn. Almost nobody registers and uses VARIABLES_LOADED. ... The trouble with VL, iirc, is that its load order is inconsistent.
The trouble with VARIABLES_LOADED is that it can fire many times during the loading sequence, including before your addon's saved variables have been loaded. Its purpose is to inform the WoW client that some of its own settings (eg. Interface Options settings, key bindings, possibly action button assignment data from server?) have been loaded; it has not been an appropriate event for addon initialization since sometime back in the Burning Crusade. Either this addon is ancient, or its author found the most outdated resource on the entire internet to look at when they were developing it...

Originally Posted by basvanderwerff View Post
Now i just need to solve the problem of the addon removing the large number seperators wich it does everywhere from dmg/healing gold stats ect ect, ill repost the piece of code wich i think it the culprit.
Based on the code you posted, you should just be able to remove that entire chunk (or just comment it out) to stop the addon from stopping large numbers from behing formatted. Afterwards you may need to restore the CVar:

/run SetCVar("breakUpLargeNumbers", 1)

I'm not even sure why the addon is overriding this, as I'm pretty sure there aren't even any numbers in item tooltips that are long enough to qualify for break-up. Sounds like feature creep.