View Single Post
09-15-12, 03:49 PM   #132
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Carbonite and Cartographer were two addons that did the same thing... smooth moving google style maps, and so long as I don't use any of there code, the have no grounds since the images are all pulled from wow's data files.

As for kickstarter, even if I wanted to I couldn't.. it's for americans only and i'm a canuck :P
A suggestion just occurred to me...

I use nUI and consider it, along with Carbonite (well, as of now, your fan version 07 of it), as the two absolute 'must have' addons for playing WoW. At the moment Scott is feverishly working on nUI v6 (hopes to have a beta for it ready by Sep 25th). One of nUI's outstanding features is that Scott put a lot of work into making nUI work fairly seamlessly with Carbonite.

My suggestion is that you coordinate with Scott so that, out of the box, your replacement for Carbonite will also work seamlessly with nUI. I'd guess that he'd be more than happy to share info on nUI 'program hooks' etc.

That would be a real nice win-win scenario.

As an addendum, after all of this time, I just don't understand why Blizzard hasn't made these two addons an integral part of WoW. They both should be core parts of the UI code.

Last edited by Coasty : 09-15-12 at 03:53 PM.