Thread: WoW patches
View Single Post
10-20-09, 11:21 AM   #17
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh, I understand now. Unless you are experienced, you shouldn't be doing anything in the BIOS. One wrong setting could fry your machine.

Keep your operating system updated with the latest patches from Microsoft, and keep all of the drivers for your hardware up to date. Video card drivers especially are often times updated each month, or every few months. Keep an eye out for new drivers and update accordingly.

Keep the inside of your tower clean and free from dust bunnies. A can of air is expensive, but a necessary tool for optimal performance (overheating is a cause for poor performance), make sure that your tower is not sitting directly on the floor (dust settles the most there, especially on carpets), and be sure that it's in a well ventilated area (I see a lot of computer tables with "cubby" holes for the tower.. this is not a good place to put them as it has extremely poor ventilation).

Follow the tips given in the performance guide link I gave ya.