View Single Post
04-24-10, 04:26 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only difference between the method you posted and the one I'm using is your way registers the added media directly in the SharedMedia Lua (which is subject to overwirites for updates). While my way the media additions are registered in a separate Lua file called MyMedia and is not included in the default download so no risk of overwrites. Both methods work.

From the MyMedia Instructions document: (freshly downloaded off of wowace for accuracy)

a) WINDOWS

1. rename MyMedia.bat.txt to MyMedia.bat (make sure to have Windows set to show all file extentions)

2. run MyMedia.bat to create the folders

3. put your media files into the subfolders found at World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\SharedMedia_MyMedia

4. run MyMedia.bat again to create the MyMedia.lua file registering your files
I just enter the lines manually and use a different folder name which doesn't break the process.

The trick here is MOST of the fonts I add work just fine. The occasional odd one like the one posted above just doesn't for some reason. Shortly after i posted I went and added 6 more fonts all successfully.

I was wondering if anyone had a clue as to why certain files simply don't work and a possible solution.

I appreciate the effort though

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 04-24-10 at 04:27 PM. Reason: muffins!