View Single Post
11-09-14, 11:13 AM   #6
MalachiDraven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
So many fonts, and none of them match each other... you've got a futuristic/scifi font on your cast bar, right above a chalkboard/comic book font on your unit frame, then a different comic book font on your damage meters and quest tracker, default WoW fonts in chat and tooltip, some kind of spray-paint/stencil font under the damage meters, and another spray-paint font labelling your XP and rep bars.

While it's OK to use different fonts in different parts of the UI (for example, a more decorative font on unit frames where the text is large and short, but a more readable font for chat) you should really limit yourself to 2, or 3 at the most, and at the very least make sure they all fit into whatever theme you're going for. Your UI feels more futuristic/scifi to me, so I'd get rid of the comic book and spray paint style fonts, which don't fit in, and are harder to read anyway.
You know...I totally overlooked the font part. The XP, REP, Damage, and Threat are all part of the image. The Unit Frame font I just tried to find something "grunge-y". And then I forgot to change the Castbar font. I'd love to find a grunge font to match it all. The one I used for XP/REP didn't look so good when it was scaled down to use in other elements :/