View Single Post
10-27-21, 05:07 PM   #13
cheesewiz
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
You can't use Python (or any language, other than an extremely restricted sub-set of lua, or binaries created in any language or ...) in a WoW addon.

Addons (the extremely restricted sub-set of the lua language) can't access the web to get the information to create your shopping list.

Because of Blizzards very heavy restrictions on what in-game addons can and can't do is why services like TSM have seperate methods for alerting and in-game AHing.
...I'm not saying I'm going to use python every time I need to make my list. Idk why we're going in circles on this. The requirements for an item key have a finite value. If X item needs [id: 123, suffix 64/32/111/175, battlepet_id: 0] then I would only need to save a variation of that item key into a file somewhere that can then later be used by an addon.

Python allows me to generate every variation possible for each item because there are databases (Raidbots, Undermine Journal, TSM api) who provide public access to this info. If this doesn't explain it, then idk how to.