View Single Post
01-21-09, 02:17 PM   #2462
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
Movable aura boxes? I tried with 4.13 and nui movers didnt allow me to move them anywhere and they are hiding my decursive icons .
The aura boxes are not main UI elements, they are elements of the unit frame to which they are tied and thus are not selectable for moving. You can, however, move them if you like by editing the skin file(s) for the associated unit frames. You might also look at the optional nUI_AuraBars plugin which heavily redesignes the look and feel of the aura boxes.

Do you have a roadmap of whats coming and possibly when? Dont get me wrong I like what you do and I have everything I need with nui and a couple of 3rd party apps but who doesnt want to know what to look fwd two. It seems alot of the the patches have been maint and then a few optional mods. Whats the next BIG thing your working to add right now? What does everyone else want added (Poll maybe of 5 things on ur to-do list?). What do you think your missing when you play?
I have tried to "schedule" which elements I was going to work on many times and I've given up. There are so many complications not the least of which is the changes Bliz makes, bugs that come up, etc. I try to focus on things based on playability priority, complexity, value and how much noise is being made by the users (squeaky wheels) and have found that to be the most "reliable" driver for what I work on when.

As for what I miss most... raid rframes. As for the next big planned thing... a layout tool to allow people to create their own custom layouts, tweak the unit frames, etc. The patch notes give my current to-do list (in no particular order) and any of those are likely to appear at any given time based on the time I have available and my motivation.

I dont think nui can add anything else for me, HealBot, Auctioneer, Decurisve, Carbonite, Recount, Omen, ArkInv, pallypower, totemtimers, titanbar cover all the things I ever need on my charcers and most of the addons are specialzed for that class w/nui shouldnt do. Even if you get the raid support added unless it adds the stuff like grid/healbot/clique many people will still use these addons as they do the extra options weve come to like and saves time =) So thanks for everything
Some of these things you will find as part of nUI in time... totem timers for example. Some of them you never will... Recount for example. Clique is one that I will never implement either... no need since it integrates seamlessly with nUI. Some of them you will find parts of in nUI soon... such as Decursive and Titan Bars (I want to make it so bar plugin authors can code their plugins to link directly to nUI without using FuBar or Titan -- which would allow users to continue to use the funcitonality of the plugins without having to have the user carry the weight of the bar mod itself)

In the end, it's about how well it integrates with the core mod, how much complexity there is in reproducing it and whether or not there's a benefit in building it into nUI which, for most of these mods you've listed, there really would be no benefit in codign them in nUI.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/