View Single Post
02-08-07, 04:41 AM   #30
illumnat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Resetting an oversized Mac Window (Hopefully!)

Originally Posted by dylanix
Whenever I log in, I get a Error Reporter popping up from Blizzard. The report is fairly long, but here seems to be the part that describes the issue.

I play in maximized windowed mode, which looks like full screen, but gives me access to my second monitor to keep Ventrilo and my web browser up. When the Error Reporter comes up , the menu bar at the top of my screen appears, blocking my Fubar (Screenshot 1 ). So, I hit Command-M to put it in a window and once again to bring it "full-screen". This causes the UI to break with the minimap going black and the buttons covered by it(Screenshot 2 ), forcing me to /console reloadui. Quite an annoying problem to have every time you log in.

I am playing a level 34 Draenei Hunter, running with a 1.6 aspect ratio, 1680x1050 (wide) on a Mac Pro with no extra add-ons.

If you need any more hardware specs or the extended error message from the Blizzard Error Reporter, I'll gladly give them.
What I would try doing in windowed mode is this:

Think of the WoW window just like you would a finder window... down at the bottom-right corner, you can click and drag to resize the WoW window just like you would in the Finder, except that the WoW window doesn't show the little diagonal lines to indicate you can, in fact, resize that window.

Resize the window so that it's a good bit smaller than your full screen. Now hit CMD-M to go to full screen mode... and then hit CMD-M to pop back out of full screen mode. Now, with any luck, you're smaller windowed window should fit under the menu bar like it's supposed to. You can then re-resize the window so it's as full screen as you can make it.

As far as the black square thing on the mini-map... yeah... I'm getting that when I pop between full screen & windowed mode as well. It happened with another minimap mod "Squeenix" I was using as well... it doesn't happen with the stock Blizzard mini-map though, so I'm not sure where the answer to that problem lies.

--Niza