Thread: Black screen?!?
View Single Post
10-23-11, 12:39 PM   #10
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is well beyond the scope of what addons have control over. The problem is somewhere between the core rendering engine, the DirectX rendering API, the video drivers, and the video card itself.

The first thing I would check is to see if your monitor cable is loose. Press the connecters firmly into their sockets and make sure the thumbscrews on the connecters are tight. Check both ends, at the back of your computer and they're sometimes at the base of the monitor too.

As far as WoW itself, you can try using the repair tool as mentioned earlier. This is a likely cause as files in the MPQ archives do become corrupted all the time. Usually, WoW handles this by downloading new copies of the specific file from the server. These problems have been known to cause game crashes at times.

I would also suggest checking your video driver. You'll need to find out what kind of video card you have, go to the manufacturer's site, and download updated ones. If you know anyone that can help you in doing this, I would suggest to let them handle it.

If all else fails, try hooking up a different monitor. Sometimes random video interruptions can be a symptom of the display itself starting to fail.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 10-23-11 at 12:54 PM.