View Single Post
07-06-11, 03:36 PM   #19
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
It seems you've missed the most important healing addons of all.

Recount/Skada

Pros:
  • Shows you who is inferior in the ways of the Healer, giving you lots of pleasure as you make subtle (or not so subtle) hints to them with how they could maybe improve to one day get close to your numbers!
  • Spam guild/party chat with your latest HPS, make them jealous!
  • Gives you something interesting to watch so you don't get bored with that boss fight you're fighting for the 10th time while the DPS get your raid killed again.
  • Haven't got a party? No problem! These addons give you hours of solo entertainment as you spam yourself with heals over and over again seeing how high you can get your HPS.
  • And more!

Cons:
  • May cause depression if your Healing prowess is underpar.
Very nice review, may add to the final post. :P

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Probably should remove that statement since it has no bearing on the performance of the addon.

Other than that, I do like the writeup! I've tried them all, and Clique for healing is simply the bomb.
Currently many people do suffer from high memory useage from Clique. It really all depends on the computer its on.

Originally Posted by def9 View Post
When I was healing hardcore with my druid in lich king I used ForteXorcistl for HoT's. So you could add a review for it if you wanted. I use clique with ouf_freebgrid as the screen layout.

Great review post!
I used to use this for just the cooldown timer but now use CoolLine

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
By the same token Clique works amazingly with any unit frames, not just Grid. There's so much more to the world than this post indicates..
Blacklist options FTW!

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
Also, I'd like to dispute the fact that Clique has high memory usage. I get a whopping 158KiB with everything (including the GUI) loaded, none of which impacts the game at all. With 45 bindings and a lot of caching to make things quicker when changing binding-sets, it weighs in at about 200KiB, almost all of that strings. Perhaps you'd like to explain why that's a problem or even falls CLOSE to the memory usage of the other addons you've listed?
Well currently it runs for around 2MiB for me with LUI at 7MiB

Originally Posted by Kolakhan View Post
Healium works like a champ! I threw all the rest out including Decursive which I didn't need anymore. Don't have to worry about any key combinations. You just watch the health and left click the spell you want. What could be easier? If they are out of range you see it right away. This this alt, shift, ctrl key combo, remember which spell is which key, is BS! I can size everything for larger groups as needed. As far as early Alpha not sure what you are talking about I have been using it for several months flawlessly.
It is updated often but is very very new in the healing addons category

Originally Posted by red8981 View Post
I used Healbot before grid before vuhdo.

I believe Healbot has another pro, share settings with another player in-game.(I am not sure if it still exist anymore, i switched to grid at the end of lich king)

Grid is a very flexible addon, since the layout is small and neat. There are too many plug-in/module, so it was hard for me to manage all that.

Vuhdo is the one I am currently using, and I like the direction arrow on the out of range players. Make me hunting them easier.

I used healium a few times in the past, but it really reduce my healing abilities in a hardcore raiding guild.
Clicking it on the side always slower than my key pressing =P
I belevie Healium should only be used in a 5 man.

Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
That is a 5/5!
Sure is.

Long post ftw