View Single Post
01-16-16, 08:01 AM   #7
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lesteryoung View Post
So, is there anyway I can perform those functions without getting error spammed?
Yes, instead of pre-hooking the functions like you're doing (overwriting the original function) you can post-hook them and "fix" what the original function changed after it's finished.

First, I assume you can just get rid of your CompactUnitFrameUtil_UpdateFillBar hook since "Display Incoming Heals" is something you can turn off under Raid Profiles in the interface.

For AbbreviateLargeNumbers, since you're already hooking "TextStatusBar_UpdateTextStringWithValues" and that seems to be the only place that function is even used, you could make it a local function and move it above your hook.

I don't think your combo point hack is causing any errors since that frame isn't touching anything secure, but if it is I would probably unregister the events from the original frame (ComboFrame:UnregisterEvent('UNIT_COMBO_POINTS') ComboFrame:UnregisterEvent('PlayerTargetChanged')) and create my own event handler for it that shows and hides the frames immediately.

You would essentially copy the update function from ComboFrame.lua, except without all the fading stuff.