A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They keep us on our toes.
So far
Macros
Equip Sets
Battle Pets
And Mounts
each have a unique system for keying to them...
Equip sets are great for user generated items with a fixed unique id (and name for that matter). And Battle pets use a GUID, so I'm not sure why they've taken a step backwards to using Index again (although in this case a static index that might change when new mounts are added to the game?!).

Anyway... I think I'll be updating ButtonForge to use hooksecurefunc off the Mount Journal. I'm 50/50 about hooksecurefunc on PickupAction though, since it requires tracking all the action slots - something your addon can't be guaranteed to be able to do given it might not always be running.

That said I do have an alternative idea for detecting the Action Button mount. My thought is that the texture might usable... There are several catches of course (uniqueness, and still having to track the action slots during the session); the main advantage though is you wouldn't have to track the Action Button slots across sessions... Still a PitA, but I thought I'd throw it out there (like I said I'm 50/50 on bothering in that scenario, I might look into if it's workable tomorrow).

Last edited by Alternator : 09-29-14 at 02:49 PM.