View Single Post
10-11-15, 03:47 AM   #10
EyalSK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Don't forget to utilize your Author Portal! Bugs/Feature Requests tracker, ability to post updates for your users, ability to create new pages or link to outside ones, ability to create an FAQ...
Thanks but that's the thing, I want to have a central place for tracking issues, a single repository and a single place for posting docs and pages.

I'm self-employed and pretty busy with many other things mainly my CS degree and don't have much time to update Curse and WoWInterface, I no longer even update Curse regularly but GitHub.

I could probably write a build script that does many things automatically but the simple solution is to just point people to my Github repo instead of updating Curse and WoWInterface and that's what I do however there's some things that I think WoWInterface can take advantage of which I pointed them out in my post and hopefully they will realize that it's the right thing to do especially when it comes down to hosting code, external issues and disabling comments.

Github and BitBucket are great for hosting code and they provide everything a developer/programmer needs, I realize that it's not everybody's cup of tea but to some of us it is and it's not only nicer but superior in many ways.

One of the things that really bothers me and I actually forgot to write about it in my original post is the fact that I'm using WoWInterface and CurseForge as mediators to GitHub, I feel like it isn't right to some extent but then again it's much easier for me to deal with the code that's one of the reasons I proposed to use GitHub and BitBucket integration, I know the Curse guys are already working on something like that so I thought maybe WoWInterface can think about it too.

I don't want to sound harsh, I respect both communities of Curse and WoWInterface and I'm one of the first people to use them even though my account doesn't show that but I'm writing this because I actually care.

Last edited by EyalSK : 10-11-15 at 04:06 AM.