View Single Post
12-14-17, 02:37 PM   #6
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So I'm confused, either way. You want the original Blizzard functionality where names only show up if the unit is quest-related. Wouldn't that already be default behavior if you kept NPC Names on "Quest NPCs", without needing to use any addons?

That would still have the nameplate bug, though, which I imagine you're trying to find a solution where it stops happening, while still having names showing only on Quest NPCs.

Originally Posted by Wolryr View Post
Also, I don't use friendly nameplates at all, ever, so thank you for cleaning that out of the code.
I didn't clean it out of the code as much as I simply omitted making the distinction between friendly and hostile but even if I did, it's a lot more complicated than having a check for friendly vs enemy, because nameplates are shared and reused between all units. When one has been modified on an enemy unit, that nameplate may eventually end up being reused by a friendly unit, but the modification done while the nameplate was assigned to an enemy unit will have tainted it and it would cause errors when within instances.
I haven't cared enough to look into how to make modifications cleanly without breaking friendly plates in instances.

(Either that, or I already had the right idea when I was trying to add friendly nameplates checks in instances, but got the checks completely wrong and they have never been working.)

Last edited by Ammako : 12-14-17 at 02:42 PM.