View Single Post
06-29-05, 08:58 PM   #4
Syllani
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kaelten
um.. thats a lot of options yo.
That's the idea

My favorite mods are those which provide me with an extreme amount of customization options: Flexbar, DUF, MoveAnything, GroupButtons, etc.

It's only natural that my own addon have tons of options as well.

From my current description at curse-gaming:

My intial thought was to simply combine the functionality of SpellAlert and LowValuesAlert. Then I decided I wanted more... I want several alert types that I can easily toggle on and off. I want to be able to customize the colors of the alerts. I want to be able to set conditional alerts based on certain factors. As an example, I like to know when a party healer is out of mana, but not so much when the mage is oom (they run out a lot and I don't like the spam.) When I am done with it, Alerter should have all these options and more.
The options are saved per-character. When you are playing your tankin' warrior, you might really want to know when your partymembers or raidmembers are hurt, but not really be too concerned with their pets' well-being. Uncheck the pet options, and you won't be alerted for them. Some other time you might be playing a druid who just can't stand to see your party hunter's fuzzy wuzzy companion taking a beating, so you'd toggle the pet alerts on.

If you're the only healer in a group, and the group lacks a tank (for whatever reason), it could be argued that it's somewhat pointless to spam /party channel telling them you're low on health, since you're the only one who can do anything about it. (Though if you ever get in that situation, you've got more things to worry about than a spammy mod!)

Another example is letting your party know you're low on mana... good for healers to do... not so much necessary for someone like a hunter.

Anyway, enough rambling on my part. I try to make things as customizable as possible since everyone has a different playstyle and whatnot, and I believe I've accomplished my goals (or fairly close to them) with Alerter.