View Single Post
05-28-11, 03:06 PM   #20
Myke916
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lilsparky View Post
1)my approach was to employ a master/client kind of model -- kind of what you are describing... tho i don't understand your use of the word "queue" in this regard.
2)the hard part is electing the master and changing states between master and client....
1) The Queue (just like waiting in line... by definition) is used to Select The master, who ever has lead and remains online, stays at the top of the queue, when logged off, next person in line takes master.. its just a way of forming a line so they dont have to randomly decide or choose by roll... thus, there is not master and client model... its all wrapped into 1 code... it is decided by number of users running the addon itself...

2) i think i explained that above, but i even go a step further in the details of the planning to give Guildmaster priority over Officers and officers priority over veterans and members... etc.. and so on...

ok the next step after i build this queue is to share the data... im not there yet, must get this operational... but id be interesting in hearing about the data sharing, cause i know its gonna be difficult also...

edit:

true true... with the overkill.. but... i guess doing the priority things is a little more complicated...

btw.. can u send tables over the addonchannel? never tried.. just wondering...

oh yea... another thing... Ive tryed this before... and that code might work for the table, BUT... the data has to be shared... by numerous users... so the addon isnt talking to itself and making itself Priority in the queue... that was the problem i was having on the 2nd re-write... being able to have a shared queue and not talk to itself...

Last edited by Myke916 : 05-28-11 at 04:42 PM.