View Single Post
10-30-05, 10:26 AM   #46
Crazynut109
A Kobold Labourer
Question Maybe a few improvements?

I've been using the EnchantSeller mod for a few days now and absolutely love it. One small problem though, the spam isn't entirely legible. I ended up going into the .lua file and editing the output to post each enchant type (shield, bracer, gloves, etc ... ) on a seperate line in the chat window.

if (slotSpam ~= "") then
slotSpam = string.gsub(slotSpam, ", $", "");
if (string.len(spam .. aSlot.." ("..slotSpam.."), ") > 10) then
table.insert(spamLines, spam);
spam = "";
end
spam = spam .. aSlot.." ("..slotSpam.."), ";
end

Originally the 10 was 255. This just forces a line break after each type.

Doing this really enhances the legibility of the enchants in my opinion. no more searching through a cramped 3 line post for what you want, just go to the slot type and scan across one line of info. Of course, I've gotten a few complaints about the spam. But these are few and far between and mostly coming from people who either spam their own enchant messages every 10 lines and somehow feel threatened by me or people who just complain about everyone that posts a message more than once a day. On my server at least, there are far more people spamming silly things like items they're selling or looking for groups who have made macros and litterally mash the button 20 times in a row. My spam seems minimal in comparison...

After I did that, though, I got to thinking... It would be nice if there was a way to exclude specific Slots from even being posted in spam. I've yet to sell any shield enchants and some other slots don't see much use either.

I also wouldn't mind a way to Spam a list of enchants that I can do, but simply don't have the materials for. It would list say, all enchants that sell for greater than 5 gold (or wherever the user has that limit set to) whether I've got the materials for them or not.

So there we have it. Just those two little things on my wishlist. I'd do it myself but honestly, it was pure luck that I even figured out how to seperate my posts by slot.