Thread: Using a HUD
View Single Post
11-20-14, 03:30 AM   #13
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
Both are impressive. I will try FlightHud. SDPhantom, is yours available for download? do you need testers?
I may release it later when the code meets my expectations of quality. Right now, it's considered very early alpha even though I've been using it and its predecessors for more than a few years. The immediate problems are incorrect power values due to some of them requiring the unmodified flag set and others not. Another is trying to figure out what should be shown through the POI system. This handles everything that is tracked on the compass and too many objects can get overwhelming at times.

Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
I have never understood why the default setup for HUDs are the player and target health on one side and the power on the other side. I like them like the unit frames player health/power on one side and target on the other. Is it a readability thing? Positioning?
I guess the close proximity of health bars lets you compare your health to your target's easier. It's something I understand some people would want, but as a design choice, it doesn't really make that much sense to someone that doesn't know or isn't used to it.