View Single Post
08-12-05, 07:55 PM   #17
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Marthisdil
...for other people's work?

For those that don't know, OGaming is owned by IGE. IGE has been buying up fansites for a while now and are spending HUGE sums of money for sites. I can imagine they paid Cairenn 6+ figures for the XXXinterface.com sites. They've paid other fansites 6 figures for far less.

So, how much of that are you going to divvy out to the mod/ui authors, Cairenn? How much you going to share with the people who volunteered to help you with the site?

That's what I thought. Good riddance.
Cairenn does not now, nor did she ever recieve a 6+ figure salery. Hell Dolby, Cairenn and I all put together would not clear 6 figures in several years.

Dolby and I were the partnership that owned the site. Cairenn has been a VOLUNTEER on the sites for over 3 years.

But that being said. let me straighten a few facts out..

IGE Was the chief investor of OGaming.com which is now its OWN LLC. Nothing on this site will ever "support" IGE or its buisness practices. ogaming is a stand along company who's cheif investor was IGE, starting OGaming (along with some of the site IGE had bought previously). But I promise you our sales contract says "OGaming.com Network, a Delware LLC". It does not list IGE.

With that cleared up, please understand this site is FREE to download without limits, and FREE to upload without limits. It is a place that authors can post their work FREE and get feedback and improve thier work.

All of that may sound like a "phat paycheck" but the reality is a very "phat bill" that we now do not have to worry about paying and we can concentrate on improving the site.

So please try to remember that we are here for the community, and if selling the ownership of the name to OGaming helps us be here for the community, then it is worth it!

/bow

Kudane

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-12-05 at 07:59 PM.