View Single Post
07-26-07, 12:23 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by stevenw9
A one time fee I would highly support, a reoccuring fee however I would not. We already pay enough for WoW itself. Not everyone has a good budget to enjoy pay-to-use addons.
To that I'd say that if you really want the project to be stable, you don't want it to be a one-time fee. With a one-time fee, it would once again be a situation where the amount of time I could rationalize spending on the project would be erratic. Before it was based on donations spurts; with one-time fees, it would be based on "new member spurts", which I think would be even less reliable. IMO, it's much more viable to find some core fans who value it enough to support it regularly.

I do understand that it's not an attractive option to a lot of people, and I don't blame them. It's definitely not for everyone; some people get very little out of the UI (especially those who replace lots of stuff or disable my stuff) while others save tons of time and do things they normally can't do. Some people are very philanthropistic, while others aren't. In any case, if there are enough people that it turns out to be a viable idea, great. If not, c'est la vie.