View Single Post
01-08-07, 08:42 AM   #9
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cordelia
The problem with this approach is that, as far as I can see, ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED and ADDON_FORBIDDEN messages are linked to that annoying UI window that pops up and offers you to disable the add-on or ignore it.

That window is a major distraction in instances
, so actually saying that we have to live with it because CT_Mod intentionally taints frames is not acceptable.

I've already dumped most of my CT_Mod addons, only the most essential ones remain until either the developer team finds ways to circumvent the issue where tainting triggers that "disable add-on" pop-up window (I wonder how they intend to do it when they told us not to report taint related messages) or I can get an add-on comparable to Raidassist.

If you think it is unlikely, believe me, it happened to Gatherer (Cartorapher Mining/Herbalism came as a replacement), it will happen to CT_raid.
Sigh, that's not what I said. At all. ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN *does* pop up that annoying pop up, yes. ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED, however, is entirely silent and transparent. Do you see even one ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN in the original post, highlighting that such a pop up would show up? No, because there are none.

You don't have to threaten me and say that "your mods will get replaced" - that's fine, if there's a better mod then so be it. All I ask is that you don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I've never said anything like what you're suggesting - you're basing your argument on faulty facts.

Reporting taint is fine, but with CT_RaidAssist that's mostly useless information I'm afraid. The mod is quite old, and as such has not been coded to comply to the recent changes at all. Fixing up everything would take far too much time. Instead, CT_RaidAssist2 is on the horizon and is being coded to comply to all the changes, taint included.