View Single Post
08-12-14, 03:37 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I guess I should clarify, in case it makes a difference, that the network shares Minion is scanning are mapped to drive letters; it's not going out and scanning all the shares on all ~50 machines on the network.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
... do you happen to have the minion0.log during detection? the minion0.log is reset every time you restart Minion so I'm guessing not.
No, but I can just wipe the settings and let it start over. If it makes the same mistakes, I'll attach the log.

When you get to the AddOn folder location you need to click the AddOn folder so that the entire path shows in the input field below. Is that happening?
Yes, but as noted in my edit, I later found that the problem was that I'd previously removed those installs from Minion. There should be some way to restore hidden games; if there already is, I couldn't find it.

We can not roll this out as a default option as we have found many authors have distributed their .svn / .git to users.
Erm, shouldn't those be blocked like .wowmatrix and other junk files? There's absolutely no excuse for any author including repository data in their release ZIPs.

I would have to disagree here. There is nothing to focus, there are no options to choose if we allowed a list item to be in focus so that would be confusing. We had double click in the past which confused many people.
I run dual monitors, so yes, there is "something to focus" -- the app itself. Even if it's fully visible on the other monitor, I have to click on it to bring it into focus (OS focus, not form field focus) before I can use the mousewheel to scroll the list. When 90% of the visible app spawns a popup when clicked, it's extremely annoying. People who don't run any apps maximized and have some corner or side of 5-10 apps visible on the desktop at all times will also experience this problem, though to a lesser extent. The only people who won't have this problem are people who run everything maximized on a single monitor, and switch between apps with Alt-Tab or by clicking the buttons on the taskbar. An "Info" button would be much less annoying, and would not be confusing to anyone.

On the 2nd run how many games were in your game list?
4 copies of WoW, as shown in the screenshot I attached. Local install, local beta install, and 2 network installs.

I'm sorry I don't understand. You did not update any AddOns and then on the 2nd run those AddOns no longer showed as needing updates?
Yes, and this has been my experience at home, too. The first time I ran the app, it showed a bunch of addons as needing updates. I installed the updates that were actually updates, but did not install the "updates" that would have given me an older version or overwritten a working copy. I did not use the "ignore" feature either. I just left them alone. On subsequent runs of the app, none of those "updates" are shown anymore.

I'll include a second-run log in another post shortly, along with the first-run log where it's scanning network shares and misidentifying Examiner as "Raio X" etc.

Would you mind sharing your AddOn folder with me when you have time? Send it to [email protected] if you have time. Thanks.
Sent.