View Single Post
01-20-15, 07:16 PM   #1
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Debugging disconnects on /reload

Since WoD I've been getting disconnected sometimes when I /reload. It happens often enough that it's not just a coincidence, and no other online connections are affected, so it's definitely caused by the act of reloading the UI. However, it doesn't happen often (or consistently) enough to make the traditional "disable and selectively enable addons until the problem reappears" method useful for debugging it. It initially seemed to be related to high CPU usage during loading, and after disabling several of the addons with the highest total CPU usage shortly after login, it seems to occur less frequently, but it's really hard to say whether that's actually true or just my imagination.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar in 6.0, or has any suggestions on how I might go about debugging this problem. It's very annoying, and I'd like to resolve it, but I'm just at a loss on how to do that without just spending 8 hours doing nothing but enabling and disabling addons and reloading the UI.