View Single Post
12-07-07, 09:43 AM   #7
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just wanted to put this out there in case others were hesitant or curious about whether upgrading from Bongos to Bongos2 would work...

For me, Bongos2 works pretty well as a replacement for Bongos. I've made a few local changes to MazzleUI so that the Mazzle Fubar menu talks to the new Bongos2 functions. I haven't tried to make any Mazzifier changes, so you must configure the bars and their positions manually (this part might be confusing at first - recommendation: decide on your maximum action bar size first before placing icons, and remember that the last 32 buttons are used by the Context Menu), but once done it seems to work very well.

I love the (de)buff action button borders. I haven't yet got to Chess to see whether the Pet Bar works again, but others have said that it does work OK in Bongos2. I don't know what else Mazzle changed in Bongos (well, I know he changed what happens when bars are resized, but I don't do that, I just use static 5x12 bars), but it doesn't seem to affect the way I play my game.

So, if you're adventurous give it a shot. I can pass on my changes if anyone wants them.

[Update: I can confirm that the pet bar works again in Chess (and presumably elsewhere too) using Bongos2.]

Last edited by gcbartlett : 12-18-07 at 12:10 PM.