View Single Post
10-08-08, 03:52 AM   #41
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
I have been using UI mods as long as there were games that would allow them. I remember Cairenn from back on EQi in the old days, and currently in WoW run about 150+ mods. Back in the early times of WoW, I even had my own compilation pack here, and on Curse.

I >>Hated<< curse with a passion back then, because in the last sentance, about me having my comp pack on Curse, was not because I placed it there, it was because someone else took it from here and posted it there, and then I was forced to claim it to keep my name on it. Curse was rife with viruses and listing mods that were never updated. I liked the fact that when you uplaoded a mod to WoWi, that you usually had to wait 24 hours while it was scanned, and made sure there were no .exes in there. People that knew me would ask my advice about mods, and I would tell them to grab them at WorldofWar, or here, but to avoid Curse like the plague.

Now, I hear that Curse has cleaned up thier act, and that they no longer have viruses in the mods, ect. I have gone there, but there are still two major sticking points for me. 1)The site acts and navigates like it was designed for an adult with a major case of ADHD, which makes navigating around the place a job. People are coming there to get UI mods, just give them UI mods and keep all the other crap in different sections. 2) When you click any category, you still get mods from any and every time. Heck, there might still be my old comp on there, even though it has not been updated for probably 3 years. WorldofWar and WoWi both give you very clear indicators as to which mods are new, which are updated to work with the newest and greatest WoW patch, and which are even most liked by people.

You asked why people have hate for Curse, and I have just given you a very good indication from someone that does not like UI mods, but someone that absolutely LOVES them, and praises UI mod authors for the hard work and dedication that they give to the games they love, so that the rest of us "bumps on a log" can log into a game and enjoy thier work.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.