View Single Post
10-15-08, 11:49 PM   #51
eNTi
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Benea View Post
I didn't like curse because in the past, they had very little security or filters of false authors uploading bad stuff for your computer (tm). There were folks uploading malware with almost the same name as popular addons. There was a rash of them at one point, and I remember reporting every one of them.

I like WowI and Wowace, because they had better screening of authors uploading their stuff. Curse might have cleaned up their act, but with the infinite amounts of people that want to hack your game accounts, I am extremely leery of touching anything automated from them (such as updaters).
that just reads if you made that up to make them look bad. even if they ever had malware on their servers it's hardly their fault. i don't believe, that wowace or wowi did ever "screen" their users more than curse did. i never got malware from curse.

besides... the curse updater is all but automatic. which is kinda annoying for me really. i used the curse updater for a while, but realized, that it didn't have some features i liked and that some of my fav addons where updated very slowly if ever. when i found that i had to manually update half of my addons by hand and only the other half by curse, i started to look around for something more convenient. not to say i missed linux support.