View Single Post
06-06-09, 01:16 PM   #15
Tearstar
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Venificus View Post
I think these things tend to get blown out of all proportion.

Calling the display of gold seller ads a "moral" issue is like prosecuting someone for attempted murder for shooting someone with a squirtgun. It's just ridiculous. There are so many real moral problems out there that to even put this on the same level is absurd.

And the whole point about WoWMatrix was that it should be the author's choice, right? If an author chooses not to allow WM to host their addon, so be it. That's the right we were all supporting, right?

Well, then if an author does in fact grant WM permission to host their addon, that's their right too and nobody should be criticizing them for it.

By all means, if you think you're entitled to some say in which ads an author displays on his private website or who he chooses to allow distribution deals with, then you can exercise the only right you have as an end user of a free product and stop using it -- but it seems crazy to me.
This has got to be the most intelligent post I have seen reguarding this whole issue . . . you are now my Elite-WorldBoss!

I agree 100% and I'm a user, and author. I host Mini-Targ on WowInterface, and WowMatrix but I don't care who uses what ads, who asks for what money for what, I can always find what I want "free" and without malicious code.

Magelo Profile
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

My First Video I made for my kids - please comment and/or rate