View Single Post
04-18-09, 12:56 AM   #562
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
I've used Wowmatrix for over a year with very few instances of getting old versions of addons. I just installed the Curse Client. It trashed several of my addons. It appears that Curse has older versions of some addons than does Wowinterface and probably vice versa.

One of the issues mentioned by Curse/Wowinterface was that users were not seeing ads from their sites, the users were seeing ads from Wowmatrix. Guess what? The Curse Client does not show ads. How will curse pay for their servers and bandwidth if users don't see the ads which bring in revenue for Curse? I know I won't be going to the Curse site since the Curse Client lets me see what I need.

Sounds to me the real problem is one of money. I wouldn't be suprised to see Curse add ads to their client.

I wish I could say something about the Wowinterface client but that program is going to take too long for me to setup. I'm having to look at each addon and determine it's ID. The wowinterface client doesn't show me enough info on what it thinks is the correct addon ID so I'm having to go their the Wowinterface site for each addon.

It's 3:00 AM where I live. I hope the post above is coherent (probably not since I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.