View Single Post
10-12-18, 05:44 AM   #14
LudiusMaximus
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
That actually sounds easier than trying to figure out how to do it the less cumbersome way. You can always change how it finds out the info when you figure out a way to do it, if any.
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that Blizzard is not providing any way to obtain the skill levels for all expansions. Let's see if there will be a solution to that at some point.

And yes, with Burning Crusade I can see the problem and it further enforces the decision to use the color value of the text.
Unfortunately, the color value of the tooltip text does not solve this problem. I want to know what expansion the required skill of a recipe belongs to. If this is only possible via scanning the tooltip, and there are no globals containing the localised phrases (Outland, der Scherbenwelt, de Terrallende, delle Terre Esterne, de l’Outreterre, etc.) I could only hardcode these phrases into my addon. But I am hesitant to do so. Anyway, the purpose of my addon is only useful while leveling alts that have a lot of items and recipes in their bank they cannot use/learn yet. For endgame players, there is no real benefit. So I think I will not put much more effort into it...

Although, I just noticed something on RecipeInfo function returns. Maybe the recipe is disabled if it is unlearnable by the player. Also, categoryID, if you haven't checked already, may be the expansion it is for.
I would like to give that a try. But a stupid question, if I may: How do I get the recipeID when I only have an itemLink to start with??

Thanks again!